Teacher of the Deaf - Long Term Substitute
Position: Teacher of the Deaf - Long Term Substitute
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Location: Delaware School for the Deaf/Statewide Programs
Start Date: Mutually agreeable date
Salary: Commensurate with appropriate schedule
- Fluency in American Sign Language required
- Degree in Deaf Education or related field required
- Most hold or be eligible for State of Delaware Certification
- Must be able to stand and work continuously for a minimum of 4 hours per work day. Minimum lifting requirement is 50 pounds (with assistance).
- Must be able to use arms and hands without restrictions to accommodate the physical, mobility, and ambulatory needs of students.
- Position Description and Responsibilities: Overall responsibility for instructional programming for students utilizing state standards and District curriculum and implementation of individualized education programs as well as regular teacher responsibilities and duties including but not limited to:
- Directing, monitoring and reporting student progress in attaining IEP goals
- Communication with parents, and with students, concerning academic and/or behavioral progress
- Utilizing state and district curriculum guidelines in preparation of lesson plans and appropriate classroom materials
- Attendance at school and instructional meetings as required
- Assessing student performance using standardized and teacher made instruments, work samples, portfolios
- Interpreting and using data from a variety of educational sources for the improvement of instruction
- Supervise and assure student safety
- Performing other related duties as assigned
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Start Date: Mutually agreeable
Job Posting Link: www.applitrack.com/christina/onlineapp/default.aspx
Salary Range: From/To: Salary: Commensurate with appropriate schedule
- Teacher of Students Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
Additional Job Information:
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants need to submit a complete online teaching application including copies of transcripts, praxis scores, and certification. Previous submissions will not automatically flow to this posting. In order to be considered for this position, you must apply specifically for the Job ID listed for this position.
Apply online: http://www.applitrack.com/christina/onlineapp/default.aspx
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.