Elementary/Spanish Immersion Teacher
SUMMARY: Full-time, Elementary/Spanish Immersion teaching position for the 2018-2019 school year for the Spanish Immersion program. Individuals who are eligible or possess Teacher of K-6 certification and who meet the "highly qualified" requirements for elementary teachers are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be eligible to be certified in Spanish World Language or Bi-lingual in Spanish. All candidates must apply on-line. If you are interested in this position, but have not yet met all of the requirements, list your license as "pending."
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicant must meet State of Delaware certification requirements for Teacher of Elementary or Teacher of Primary K-6 and Teacher of Spanish. Successful candidates must provide evidence of successful PRAXIS II scores or other evidence of "highly qualified" status for elementary teacher (test #5001). The ACTFL - American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages Proficiency Test is also required. The applicant shall achieve a passing score on the examination of a minimum of Advanced Low Level. The State of Delaware will recognize Standard certificates from all other states as a means of eligibility. See http://deeds/doe.k12.de.us PUBLIC RESOURCES: Holders of Non U.S. Credentials if your Bachelor's (or Master's degree) is not from a U.S. University.
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: To facilitate the acquisition of content knowledge and address the physical, emotional and social needs of the learner in a safe and orderly classroom environment.
- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Develop and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided by the district.
- Prepare for classes assigned and show written evidence of preparation upon request of the principal.
- Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strive to implement by instruction and action the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Evaluate student progress on a regular basis.
- Maintain accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, district policies and administrative regulations.
- Assist in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations and Board policies.
- Make provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings.
- Cooperate with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives and methods.
- Assist in the selection of books, equipment and other instructional materials.
- Accept a share of responsibility for co-curricular activities as assigned.
- Work to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relations with others.
- Provide for his or her own professional growth through an ongoing program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
BEGINNING DATE: August, 2018
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and work year to be according to the current salary schedule and the Professional Agreement. Days employed in excess of the established work calendar shall be payable at the employee's regular daily rate.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the provisions of the Board's policy on evaluation of professional personnel.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All internal and qualified applicants are now required to apply online. In order to do this internal applicants should go to www.milfordschooldistrict.org . Internal applicants should click on the link Employment at the top of the page. Applicants will be directed to the Join DE Schools website. At the bottom of the page click on the link Current Employees Click here to login and apply. Internal Applicants must include as part of their online application:
- Letter of interest
All external and qualified applicants are required to complete the online application at www.milfordschooldistrict.org . External applicants should click on the Employment link at the top of the page. Applicants will be directed to: https://apply.joindelawareschools.org/ats/job_board_frame?REPRESENTATIVE_COMPANY_ID=OA002042&COMPANY_ID=WA000183 . At the bottom of the page click on the link External Employees Click here to login and apply. Only completed applications will be considered and must include:
- Letter of Interest
- Current Resume
- Copy of Unofficial Transcripts (indicating class rank and GPA)
- Three Letters of Recommendation
(These letters are in addition to the three references listed on your application.)
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information regarding this position, please contact: Jason Peel, Director of Human Resources and School Climate, 906 Lakeview Avenue, Milford, DE 19963 or call 302-424-6393 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
A Criminal Background Check, Child Protection Registry Check, TB test within the last five years and physical within the last year must also be completed prior to your first day of employment.
The Department of Personnel staff will assist in completion of all required documentation.
Prior to a final offer of employment the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background investigation including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification and criminal background check. False or misleading application or resume information or false or misleading statements made as part of the screening and interview process may result in the withdrawal of the employment offer. In the event that the district is unable to complete the background investigation prior to the commencement of employment, the district may make the offer of employment contingent on its successful completion. The district also reserves the right to take disciplinary action up to and including termination where false or misleading statements are discovered after an offer of employment has been accepted.
The Milford School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment or in educational programs, services or activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disabilities, marital status, genetic information or Veteran Status.
If any person has a complaint alleging any action which is prohibited by this policy, they should contact the Title IX Coordinator or the District 504 and ADA Coordinator, 906 Lakeview Avenue, Milford, Delaware 19963. Telephone (302) 422-1600.
Start Date: August, 2018
Reports To: Principal
- Teacher of Elementary Grades K-6
- Teacher of World Languages - Spanish Grades K-12
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.
More searches like this
- Teaching Elementary School jobs in Milford
- Bilingual Education / Dual Immersion Teacher Elementary School jobs in Milford
- Elementary Education Teacher Elementary School jobs in Milford
- English / Reading / Language Arts Teacher Elementary School jobs in Milford
- World Language Teacher Elementary School jobs in Milford