Part-Time Paraprofessional - Elementary Education
Part Time Paraprofessional - Elementary Education
La Academia is seeking high-energy, visionary, and dynamic team players to join us at our Wilmington, Delaware based K-4 Charter Elementary School where students learn in both English and Spanish. The ideal applicant believes that all students are capable of high academic achievement regardless of socioeconomic status and are open to challenging themselves in an innovative learning environment. To learn more about our innovative school, please visit our school website http://academiacharter.com/.
La Academia is a Bi-Lingual and Bi-Literate School. Skillset in Bi-Lingual or proficiency is preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list is intended to be illustrative rather than complete, and serves to show major duties and responsibilities of a paraprofessional. It does not express or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the person in this position. The employee will be required to perform any other duties as deemed appropriate by the school leader.
- Collaborates with the teacher in the planning and development of activities and resources for students using a Dual Language approach
- Works with students in a variety of grouping structures including individual, small group, or total group settings as prescribed by instructional programs
- Provides accommodations to students, as required, to ensure students' success
- Assists in ongoing monitoring of students' progress through data collection of objectives (may include collection & summation of raw data and computer work)
- Uses initiative and common sense to solve problems
- Assists the teacher in routine tasks, such as but not limited to: duties, record keeping, transitions, limited clerical work, assisting on field trips, assisting in special subjects, monitoring social interactions, checking homework, gathering/preparing materials for students, assisting classroom activities, assisting in cafeteria monitoring, operating multi-media equipment, monitoring "time out"
- Ensures the safety of the students within their work environment
- Has knowledge of the social, emotional, and academic needs of individual students through collaboration with the teacher
- Lends support in maintaining discipline of students (may implement behavior management plans as directed by the classroom teacher)
- Participates in ongoing staff development and any other work related meetings
- Ensures student confidentiality
- Consistently maintains a professional attitude in all settings
- Performs other duties as assigned
Reports To: Head of School
Start Date: 2017-2018 School Year
Salary Range: Part-Time, $15.00/hour no more than 29.5 hours per week
Endorsement(s): Para Permit
- Meets certification requirements of the State of Delaware for Paraprofessionals K-12.
- Favorable Criminal Background Check for the candidate who is offered employment
- TB Screening and physical
- Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Academia Antonia Alonso
Barley Mill Plaza, Building 26
4403 Lancaster Pike
Wilmington, DE 19805
Start Date: 2017-18 School Year
Reports To: Head of School
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.