Americorps Enrichment Specialists at Kuumba Academy
Responsibilities of Americorp Student Enrichment Specialists Include but Are Not Limited to:
Academic Achievement and Character Development
- Support the classroom teacher in upholding a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment
- Motivate students to achieve high academic and behavioral standards in and out of the classroom
- Under the direction of the classroom teacher, utilize data to drive instruction and appropriate enrichment opportunities for students in ELA and Math
- Design and implement Crew lesson plans in collaboration with grade teams
- Hold all students accountable during transitions, trips, and school events
- Provide differentiated instruction to all students to ensure that all students demonstrate 1.5 years growth as measured by NWEA's Maps assessment in order to close the achievement gap for all students
Professional Growth and Development
- Collaborate with instructional coaches, teachers and school team to continuously improve instructional, culture-building and leadership skills
- Participate enthusiastically in all professional development, team planning, and data analysis meetings
- Function as a school wide partner in helping to raise student achievement and character for all students in the school reinforcing school-wide expectations and volunteering to take on additional actives as needed to improve school culture
Skills and Characteristics
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- High level of personal organization and planning.
- Team player: maturity, humility, grit, flexible, follow-through, sense of humor, open to feedback and a "roll-up-my-sleeves" attitude.
- Strong belief in the Kuumba mission and educational model.
Educational Background and Requirements:
- Previous experience supporting students within an academic setting preferred
- High School Diploma required; college courses preferred
- Interest in a pathway to a career in urban education
Salary Range: From/To: $13, 000 Stipend through Americorps
Additional Job Information:
$5, 775 education award to be used towards new or existing student loans
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.