Food Service Worker
POSITION OVERVIEW: The food service worker is responsible for serving breakfast, lunch and other food to children and adults in a courteous customer service oriented manner, and maintains the cafeteria in sanitary condition. Organize and set up equipment and workstations. Perform duties following health, food service, government and other regulations.
- Provides services to students and staff in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Serves food that is the correct serving temperature and quality. Any substandard quality food must be brought to the attention of the Operations Managers.
- Sets up, maintains and breaks down cafeteria.
- Prepares breakfast for delivery to 2nd floor classrooms.
- Develops and maintains adequate food/supplies, orders as required.
- Cleans cafeteria including serving area continually.
- Cleans cafeteria area before and after breakfast and lunch.
- Maintains appearance of all equipment, appliances and serving counters.
- Practice personal hygiene and proper sanitation procedures.
- Turn on, test and monitor equipment at the beginning of the day.
- Replenish food and maintain clean serving areas.
- Perform dishwashing duties of cooking, serving and eating utensils tools.
- Receive, stock and rotate incoming and outgoing inventory.
- Demonstrate knowledge of sanitation practices.
- Exhibit the professional behavior of a reliable employee.
- Perform preparation duties for the next day.
- Maintain a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Sign in and work according to a time schedule.
- Performs other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to read and follow written food serving guidelines and work schedules; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school staff and students; able to maintain emotional control; ability to work with others in a close fast paced environment and the ability to address students and staff in a pleasant, courteous manner, basic ability to read and speak/understand English.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Some walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, pushing, and pulling. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds. Ability to stand for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Ability to be exposed to chemicals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
Start Date: 08/21/20117
Salary Range: From/To: $9.25 per hour max of 29.5 hours per week
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.