Position: Educational Audiologist Closing Date: Until filled
Location: Delaware School for the Deaf and Delaware Statewide Programs for the Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Deaf-Blind
Reports to: Building Level Administrator
- Master's Degree or Clinical Doctoral Degree (AuD) in Audiology
- Must have or be eligible for Certification ASHA CCC-A
- Must have or qualify for Delaware license through the Board of Examiners for Speech Pathology, Audiology and Hearing Aid Dispensers
- Knowledge of the continuum of services for deaf, hard of hearing and deafblind students' birth-twenty one years.
- Fluency in American Sign Language preferred
- Must be able to stand and work continuously for a minimum of 4 hours per work day.
- Minimum lifting requirements- 50 pounds (with assistance).
- Must be able to use arms and hands without restrictions to accommodate the physical, mobility, and ambulatory needs of students
Performance Responsibilities :
- Perform diagnostic evaluations of students with varying hearing levels. Background and experience with pediatrics and difficult to test populations preferred.
- Provide habilitative and rehabilitative services to children with hearing loss. Also support families in understanding their child's hearing status and its impact on access to education.
- Provide consult, coaching, and guidance to a variety of teaching teams statewide in district and charter settings.
- Make ear mold impressions, purchase/program/monitor FM systems, monitor/adjust personal amplification in conjunction with private audiologists.
- Disseminate information regarding available technological resources for appropriate amplification, communication needs, educational implications, and daily living.
- Educate public school staff, parent advisors, community and medical professionals on the educational implications of individual hearing loss.
- Maintain record keeping systems for statewide and program based students regarding assessments and consultations.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings with local education agencies, community resource programs and statewide programs to develop IFSPs and IEPs.
- Maintain care of equipment and negotiate service contracts.
- Conduct classroom noise level and reverberation checks and recommend acoustical modifications.
- Perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as may be assigned.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Start Date: Mutually agreeable
Job Posting Link: www.applitrack.com/christina/onlineapp/default.aspx
Salary Range: From/To: Teacher salary schedule based on experience and degree. Salary Schedule can be found on the district's website: https://christinak12.org/ourpages/auto/2012/6/27/51310670/Teachers-Non-Grandfathered--FY2018.pdf
Additional Job Information:
Application Procedure: Qualified applicants must complete an online teaching application and upload a letter of interest, resume, copies PRAXIS scores, transcripts, copy of license/certification and three current letters(within one year of closing date) of recommendation. Previous submissions will not automatically flow to this posting. In order to be considered for this position, you must apply specifically for the Job ID listed for this position. Online Application Link: http://www.applitrack.com/christina/onlineapp/default.aspx
Employment is conditional upon receipt of an acceptable criminal background report, a negative pre-employment drug screening, and a child abuse registry check showing you are not on the registry at any level.
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.