2018-19 - Middle Level Mathematics Teacher
POSITION: 2018-19 Middle Level Mathematics Teacher (secondary math cert preferred)
LOCATION: Central Middle School
REPORTS TO: Principal
- Teach Mathematics to Middle School students.
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Implement curriculum effectively.
- Participate ih ongoing development planning and implementation teams.
- Develop mathematics assessments and engage in ongoing currciulum alignment.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides reports as required, as well as notifying parents of student progress when necessary.
- Diagnoses the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Works cooperatively with all staff and parents
- Performs other duties as assigned
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Meets certification requirements of the State of Delaware for Teacher in Middle Level Mathematics.
- Secondary math certification preferred
- Successful completion of Praxis I and II exams.
- Favorable Criminal Background Check for the candidate who is offered employment.
- Tuberculin test & physical.
- Mandatory Direct Deposit of paycheck.
Start Date: August 2018
Duty Days: 188
Reports To: Principal
Job Posting Link: www.capital.k12.de.us
Salary Range: From/To: 2018-19 Teacher Salary Schedule
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.