School Custodian - Daytime
The following description of tasks is not intended to outline every last detail of the custodian's position. It will serve to give a general impression of the duties relating to the job. It is hoped that the custodian will gradually assume the position of caretaker of the building and facilities, with the feeling of responsibility of their well-being similar to that which he/she has for their own personal possessions.
The person who will assume the position of custodian is accepting a very important role in the functioning of our school. The custodian will not only be working with maintenance, cleaning, and care, but he will be working with people, especially children.
- Empty wastebaskets
- Clean and disinfect bathrooms to include toilet bowls-seats, sinks, mirrors, walls and floors
- Replenish bathroom supplies; toilet paper, hand soap, etc.
- Sweep all entryways with a dust mop
- Window Care
- All walled surfaces should be spot cleaned throughout the school year. During the summer months the walls should be cleaned thoroughly.
- Vacuum all carpeted areas
- Mop and disinfect floors
- Sweep all tiled floors with dust mop
- Sweep stairs and floors of rooms (non-classrooms)
- Minor repairs should be done as needed or upon request
- Replace light bulbs
- The custodian is responsible for snow removal from entryways. Entryways and walkways may also need to be salted if icy.
Sample Work Schedule; 15 hours per week but no more than 29.5 hours.
AM Schedule: 10:30AM - 4:00PM
This is a part time hourly position, reporting hours each week and receiving payment on a bi-weekly basis in accordance with the State of Delaware pay schedule.
Applicants should have reliable transportation to get to/from work each day.
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.