2018-19 School Nurse - KCCS
POSITION: School Nurse
LOCATION: Kent County Community School
REPORTS TO: Principal
STARTING DATE: August 2018
Nursing services required for the care and health of students. Carry out the daily functions of a school
nurse, including, but not limited to:
- Provide nursing care for DAP/KCCS to include daily meds, prn meds, tube feedings, nursing assessment, first aid, and emergency care as deemed necessary.
- Communication and collaboration with school team, parent/guardian, and MD related to the medical needs and care of the student
- Accompany classes of students with medical needs on field trips
- Daily documentation of medical care and daily medication administration in Eschool
- Record keeping of student files to include medical history and medical updates from various MD visits throughout the school year
- Communication and collaboration with the KCCS nursing team
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- BSN degree
- Certified or eligible for a School Nurse Certificate.
- RN - Current State Of Delaware license.
- Experience with students who have moderate to behavioral disabilities preferred.
- Favorable Criminal Background Check for the candidate who is offered employment.
- Tuberculin test & physical.
- Mandatory Direct Deposit of paycheck.
Start Date: August 2018
Duty Days: 188
Reports To: Building Principal
Job Posting Link: www.capital.k12.de.us
- School Nurse
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.