1. Applicant must qualify, at time of hire, for State of Delaware School Psychologist Certification.
2. Must have successfully completed a supervised internship.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of response to intervention (RTI) strategies.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of diagnostic procedures, instructional interventions and student accommodations.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of behavioral interventions and crisis management.
6. Favorable criminal background check and child registry check required.
7. Tuberculin test.
8. Participation in Direct Deposit.
1. Review referrals for individual evaluation to determine appropriate
interventions, assess students when an individual evaluation is deemed
appropriate; ensure that information is disseminated to the appropriate persons.
2. Attendance at school, student, and instructional meetings as required.
3. Confer and collaborate with parents and all school staff to ensure students' academic and behavioral progress.
4. Administers, interprets, and explains standardized cognitive, achievement, developmental and behavioral evaluation results with all participants during eligibility determination IEP meetings.
5. Reviews, interprets, and explains evaluation results received from other school districts or evaluators outside of the district to determine eligibility for services and/or to determine if additional assessments are needed for eligibility determination.
6. Schedule time in classrooms for direct observation and intervention with
students as required.
7. Prepares comprehensive psychoeducational evaluation reports, ESR documents, and related compliance documents in accordance with federal, state, and DE Department of Education guidelines.
8. Observe all federal, state, and district time lines for evaluation and submission of evaluation reports.
9. Collect, monitor, graph, analyze and report student data as part of the FBA process.
10. Participate in all Child Find and Kindergarten screening procedures within the district, Headstart, and for students who are parentally privately placed.
11. Consult with personnel from outside agencies when needed.
12. Other related duties as assigned.
Start Date: 8/21/2017
Duty Days: 207
Reports To: Principal(s) and Director of Special Education
Salary Range: From/To: 1. Eleven (11) months position 2. Salary based on current State and Local Teacher Salary schedule 3. Benefits in accordance with current Laurel School Board policy
- School Psychologist
Technology Literacy: Email Applications, Internet Browsers, Windows ™
Additional Job Information:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Current Resume?
3. District Application
4. College transcripts
5. Evidence of or ability to acquire
Delaware Dept. of Education
6. Three recent letters of
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.