Speech Language Pathologist - Full Time, 10 Months (SY 2018/2019)
TITLE: Speech Pathologist
QUALIFICATIONS: Must meet the certification requirements of the State of Delaware Department of Education.
REPORTS TO: School Principal (in consultation with the Supervisor of Special Programs)
JOB GOAL: To help reduce or eliminate speech and hearing impediments that interfere with the individual student's ability to derive full benefit from the district's educational program.
1. Serves as a resource to school staff members in the development of a balanced program for oral communication and speech improvement.
2. Provides a therapeutic program to meet individual needs of speech and hearing handicapped children.
3. Assists and guides teachers in observing, describing, and referring suspected and identified speech and language impairments.
4. Provides a thorough assessment, diagnosis and evaluations of speech, voice, hearing, and language impairments.
5. Provides screening to identify speech handicapped children at regular intervals and at specified levels.
6. Assists in proper referrals of individuals to agencies and specialists in the community as appropriate.
7. Provides appropriate individualized programs of therapy to meet individual students' needs and correct existing speech or language handicaps.
8. Collaborates with classroom teachers and other school staff members to implement therapy by suggestions for the student's daily activities.
9. Provides information, support, and counseling to parents and families when appropriate.
10. Provides in-service education and serves as a consultant to teachers and school staff members on topics concerning speech improvement.
11. Keeps thorough ongoing records for the individual student receiving therapy or other school-provided speech services.
12. Maintains lists of referred, screened, and eligible students, as well as a directory of outside agencies, consultants, specialists, and related services.
13. Compiles case history data on those cases where additional family history, health history, early developmental history, and environmental history are deemed appropriate.
14. Assumes primary responsibility for requisitioning and maintaining needed equipment and supplies.
15. Prepares and administers the annual budget for speech therapy services.
16. Other duties assigned by the Supervisor of Special Programs or Building Principal as it pertains to speech pathology.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten month year. Salary and work year to be Established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation and Department of Education Guidelines.
Start Date: August 20, 2018
Reports To: Principal
Salary Range: From/To: as per state and local salary schedule
Additional Job Information:
The following are conditions of employment for new employees:
1. Satisfactory criminal background check prior to being placed on payroll.
2. Satisfactory child protection registry check.
3. Mandatory direct deposit of pay
4. Documentation of Mantoux skin test results for entrance to school system.
Interested applicants must apply online and upload a letter of interest, resume, proof of certification, and three (3) letters of recommendation dated within the last year by the posted closing date.
Lake Forest is an advocate of inclusion practices in all grade levels.
The Lake Forest School District does not discriminate in employment or in educational programs, services or activities based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, military/veteran status, disability, marital status or any other protected category in accordance with state and federal laws. Inquiries should be directed to the Director of Personnel, Lake Forest Central Business Office, 5423 Killens Pond Road, Felton, DE 19943. Telephone: (302)284-3020.
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.