Student Advisor—(Building-Level Assistant Administrator)
The Student Advisor is responsible for supporting the advancement of student academic achievement and character development, as well as all processes and procedures related to student behavior and culture. Additionally, the Student Advisor will serve as a member of the administrative team and will be responsible for completing teacher evaluations following Delaware Department of Education guidelines (DPAS II).
Master's degree in Educational Leadership (preferred) or coursework for Master's Degree in Educational Leadership in progress
At least three years of teaching experience
Demonstrated organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Job Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Establish rules, routines and procedures that will support an excellent school and student culture
- Implement behavior tracking systems
- Enforce the school code of conduct, discipline, uniform and attendance policies
- Schedule and attend all student, parent and teacher meetings as it relates to student behavior
- Work collaboratively with school counselors as it relates to student behavior
- Recognize exemplary student behavior and leadership
- Facilitate restorative practice and responsive classrooms techniques, as well as non-violent conflict resolution
- Serve as building administrator in the absence of the building Dean
- Conduct DPAS II teacher evaluations following all DOE guidelines
- Assists in creating student activities around PBS, Advisory, and Accelerated Reader initiatives
- All duties as deemed appropriate by the Headmaster
Student Advisor is a 10-month position.
Start Date: 2018-2019 SY
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.