K-2 Literacy Coach
JOB TITLE: K-2 Literacy Coach
REPORTS TO: Principal/Chief Academic Officer
JOB GOAL: The instructional coach will play an essential role in the growth and development of both K-2 students and staff. All of our students come from underrepresented ethnic groups and many are performing several grade levels below their current grade level. Our teachers own the responsibility to plan, instruct, assess, lead, mentor, and guide each of our students to academic success overcoming all hurdles and obstacles to ensuring academic success. The instructional coach will be responsible for supporting teachers in this endeavor through one-on-one coaching, group professional development, co-observations, modeling, etc., in a way that aligns to the long term vision of the school. The coach will also actively support students' character growth and the strong sense of community within classrooms on a daily basis.
OVERVIEW: Founded in 1997, EastSide Charter School is a free, public elementary school that educates students in Wilmington, Delaware. EastSide prides itself on being a community-based school, using multiple partnerships, strong relationships with families, and a dedicated and hard-working faculty to ensure academic success for its students.
EastSide is in the midst of a dynamic turnaround effort that will have a profound impact in Wilmington. Members of the EastSide leadership team play a significant role in ensuring that our students develop the character and skills necessary to being influential and contributing members of the community and global society. This position is suited for someone who is willing to do "Whatever it Takes" to support our students in being successful in school and in life.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The instructional coach will:
- Do frequent formal observations with coaching as laid out in the evaluation framework
- Do frequent informal observations with coaching as needed to ensure teacher growth
- Model and co-teach inside classrooms as needed to ensure teacher growth and alignment
- Lead instructional walkthroughs with teachers to align practices
- Facilitate co-observations and peer support to create a positive, supportive atmosphere for collaborative teacher growth
- Plan and deliver professional development around instructional best practices
- Support students who are struggling to make good choices by responding to teacher support calls, holding parent meetings, and collaborating with staff members to solve issues.
- Support team members in developing and implementing proactive plans to support students' character growth and a strong sense of community within the classroom
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal and/or CAO
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution. Master's in instructional leadership preferred.
- Has or is eligible for State of Delaware certification
The instructional coach should have :
- at least five years teaching experience
- an outstanding record of elevating student achievement in an urban classroom, with a strong understanding of pedagogy that drives results and long term success
The instructional coach must:
- Be driven to improve the minds and lives of students from underserved communities; dedicated to doing whatever it takes to help all the school's students achieve academic success
- Be passionate about academic learning and insistent on academic excellence and rigor at all times
- Be self-aware and know how to treat all members of the school's community with respect, appraises accurately his or her strengths and weaknesses, and is perceptive about how he or she is regarded
- Work urgently and be able to juggle multiple tasks and initiatives at once
- Be detail-oriented and self-directed with the ability to work independently and with a team
- Act entrepreneurially as an initiator, problem-solver, and creative thinker
- Have the ability to communicate with various audiences in an authentic and persuasive manner
- Possess strong written communication skills
- Be detail-oriented and self-directed and able to work independently on short- and long- term projects
COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION:
Length of Work Year: 11 months, select Saturdays, and occasional evening and weekend commitments will also be required; occasional travel throughout the state and region.
Salary and Benefits: Salary range is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Instructional Coach may also be eligible for a performance bonus based on several metrics as evaluated by the principal. EastSide Charter School offers a friendly and committed team of colleagues and a comprehensive benefits plan.
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.
More searches like this
- Administrator Elementary School jobs in Wilmington
- Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment & PD Elementary School jobs in Wilmington
- Instructional Coach / PD Elementary School jobs in Wilmington
- Literacy Coach / Specialist Elementary School jobs in Wilmington
- Teaching Elementary School jobs in Wilmington