Head Wrestling Coach
Position is responsible for coaching student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport of Wrestling.
- Assess student's skills, and determines game strategy for the team.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Works with the athletics director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
- Coaches and instructs students, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Observes students, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior and provides proper supervision of athletes at all times.
- Monitors the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met; and encourages student athletes to maintain a high academic standard.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete's injury.
- Conferences with parents/guardians, as necessary, regarding the athletic performance of their student.
- Follows state & national regulations governing the athletic program.
- Ensure that all candidates for a team have had a physical examination and have returned the physical examination/parental consent form before the first practice session
- Models sportsmanship.
- Acts as a team representative and promotes Wrestling by communicating with the news media, booster clubs, and other organizations.
- Follows established procedures for the proper care, maintenance, and requisitioning of uniforms.
- Works with the athletic director to develop a policy for awards and submits a list of award winners at the end of the season.
- Participates in special activities to include parent's night, banquets, and award nights.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Accompany and supervise the team to and from all contests.
- Attends staff development meetings, clinics, and other professional activities to improve coaching performance.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required) A wealth of experience as a Head Wrestling coach or assistant Wrestling coach at the high school or college level preferred. Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills. Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of Wrestling. Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
If interested please email or call Arles Wood at email@example.com (302)223-2141
Coaching/Club Interests: Wrestling
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.