Early Childhood Special Education Teacher - Preschool/Autism Certified
Full time Early Exceptional Children Preschool Teachers for the Richardson Park Learning Center/Early Years Program. Teachers are responsible for planning, organizing and implementing an instructional program for preschool students identified with a special education classification including autism spectrum disorder that will help students achieve their maximum potential.
- Maintain professionalism, confidentiality, and an atmosphere that promotes young student learning.
- Keep accurate records as required by district directive and State/Federal regulations.
- Support colleagues in differentiating instruction to meet the learning needs of assigned students.
- Implement individualized communication systems
- Implement Behavior Support Strategies based on evidence based practices for preschool students with autism and emotional regulation
- Write and implement developmentally appropriate lesson plans which incorporate Early Learning Foundations.
- Be familiar with STARS and expectations of an appropriate preschool classroom environment.
- Serve as integral part of the IEP team as well as write developmentally appropriate goals for preschool students based on data
- Integrate technology in instruction.
- Provide differentiated instruction based on the student individual level of functioning and preferred learning modalities in accordance with the student's IEP and research based curriculum interventions and programs.
- Develop and implement a classroom management system which teaches clear and concise classroom routines, procedures and expectations with the use of visual schedules.
- Be knowledgeable of and able to implement positive behavior supports for challenging behaviors.
- Administer appropriate and required informal and formal assessments based on student need and state regulations.
- Collects and interprets data and utilized to modify instruction, content and to report progress to IEP members including parents and school district.
- Attend all professional development trainings offered as well as parent informational meetings and family events.
Delaware Certified in Early Childhood Education as well as Young Exceptional Children
Preferably for Autism classroom to have Autism certification
- Delaware Advanced License
- Delaware Continuing License
- Delaware Initial License
- Out of State Teaching License
Completed Online Internal Transfer Application via Join Delaware Schools
Letter of Interest
Please Be Advised: The Reported Time employment status is not eligible for the Internal Transfer Application; this status requires the "Standard Application" to apply for all positions.
Completed Online Application via Join Delaware Schools
Letter of Interest
Three letters of reference
Out-of-state applicants must provide evidence of certification
Brian Mattix, Principal
Reports To: Principal
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.
More searches like this
- Teaching Early Childhood jobs in Wilmington
- Early Childhood / Daycare Teacher Early Childhood jobs in Wilmington
- English / Reading / Language Arts Teacher Early Childhood jobs in Wilmington
- Special Education Teacher Early Childhood jobs in Wilmington
- Autism Teacher Early Childhood jobs in Wilmington