Anticipated Elementary Spanish Immersion Teacher - Kindergarten
Position: Anticipated Elementary Spanish Immersion Teacher - Kindergarten
Location: Morris Early Childhood Center
Reports To: Principal
Starting Date: August 22, 2018
- All applicants must possess or be eligible to possess a Delaware teaching certification in World Langauge or Bilingual Education and K-6 Elementary Education
- (Delaware will recognize Standard certificates from all other states as a means of eligibility. Holders of Non U.S. Credentials if your Bachelor's (or Master's degree) is not from a U.S. University may be evaluated for Delaware approval.)
- Applicants may receive emergency certification with World Language or Bilingual Education cortication and must work towards achieving K-6 Elementary Education certification within two years.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Spanish and English.
- Instruct in reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics, and science to pupils using Board approved curriculum and appropriate learning activities.
- Develop and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided by the district.
- Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strive to implement by instruction and action the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Evaluate student progress on a regular basis.
- Maintain accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, district policies and administrative regulations.
- Assist in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations and Board policies.
- Make provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Collaborate with English immersion partner to coordinate parent communication, daily routines, and lessons.
- Work to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
- Participate in professional growth activities during the summer and school year with the Department of Education for specific immersion training.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year to be according to the current salary schedule and the Professional Agreement. Ten-month teaching assignment.
Salary and Benefits: Salary range and benefits are commensurate with qualifications and experience in accordance with Board of Education Policy.
Evaluation: Performance will be evaluated annually in accordance with the Board's policy on evaluation of professional personnel.
Internal applicants must submit the following:
- Letter of interest
External applicants must follow the application process. All qualified and interested persons are invited to complete the online application at www.milfordschooldistrict.org . A paper version of the application is available upon request. Only completed packets will be considered. The following items must be included:
- Copy of unofficial transcripts
- Three separate letters of recommendation
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information contact: Jason Peel, Director of Human Resources and School Climate, 906 Lakeview Avenue, Milford, DE 19963 Tel: 302-424-6393 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment with the Milford School District is contingent upon successful:
- Criminal Background Check
- Child Protection Registry Check
- Physician's Health Certification
- TB Test (within last five years)
- Verification of Credentials and Past Employment
- Adherence to School District Policies
- Milford Board of Education Approval
Milford School District reserves the right to take disciplinary action up to and including termination upon discovering false or misleading statements and/or documents after an offer of employment has been accepted. The Human Resources staff will assist in completion of all required documentation.
Milford School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment or in educational programs, services or activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or upon any other categories protected by federal, state, or local law.
If any person has a complaint alleging any action which is prohibited by this policy, they should contact the Title IX Coordinator or the District 504 and ADA Coordinator, 906 Lakeview Avenue, Milford, Delaware 19963. Telephone (302) 422-1600.
Start Date: August 22, 2018
Reports To: Principal
- Teacher of Elementary Grades K-6
- Teacher of World Languages - Spanish Grades K-12
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.
More searches like this
- Teaching Elementary School jobs in Milford
- Bilingual Education / Dual Immersion Teacher Elementary School jobs in Milford
- Early Childhood / Daycare Teacher Elementary School jobs in Milford
- Elementary Education Teacher Elementary School jobs in Milford
- English / Reading / Language Arts Teacher Elementary School jobs in Milford