Swimming Head Coach - Milford High School
Positions: Head Coach
Location: Milford High School
Reports To: Athletic Director & Principal
Starting Date: 2018-2019 School Year
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Demonstrate a proficiency in the sport.
- Possess sound moral character.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship of the program to the athlete, total athletic program and the total school program.
- Plans and implements organized daily practice plans which include time for group and individual instruction.
- Adapts and modifies coaching techniques, strategies, and game plans.
- Provides atmosphere conducive to good sportsmanship and player conduct.
- Prepares for each game in strategy and player motivation.
- Complies with all HAC, DIAA, and school district policies
- Communicates pre, post, and in season information to players, parents, and school officials.
- Maintains and inventories all equipment and uniforms.
- Monitors and evaluates academic performance of all athletes.
- Assists in the planning and scheduling of a regular program of practice (in season).
- Recommends purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms.
- Assists in overseeing the safety of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted.
- Performs other duties as assigned that relate to this position.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 1 year
Salary and Benefits: Salary per the Milford School Board policy and negotiated agreement.
Evaluation: Performance will be evaluated annually.
Internal applicants must submit the following:
- Letter of interest
External applicants must follow the application process. All qualified and interested persons are invited to complete the online application at www.milfordschooldistrict.org . A paper version of the application is available upon request. Only completed packets will be considered. The following items must be included:
- Two separate letters of recommendation
Application Deadline: Until FilledFor more information contact: Jason Peel, Director of Human Resources and School Climate, 906 Lakeview Avenue, Milford, DE 19963 Tel: 302-424-6393 or Email: email@example.com Employment with the Milford School District is contingent upon successful:
- Criminal Background Check
- Child Protection Registry Check
- Physician's Health Certification
- TB Test (within last five years)
- Verification of Credentials and Past Employment
- Adherence to School District Policies
- Milford Board of Education Approval
Milford School District reserves the right to take disciplinary action up to and including termination upon discovering false or misleading statements and/or documents after an offer of employment has been accepted. The Human Resources staff will assist in completion of all required documentation.Milford School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment or in educational programs, services or activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or upon any other categories protected by federal, state, or local law.If any person has a complaint alleging any action which is prohibited by this policy, they should contact the Title IX Coordinator or the District 504 and ADA Coordinator, 906 Lakeview Avenue, Milford, Delaware 19963. Telephone (302) 422-1600.
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.