Clinical Liaison - Patient Care Services Program
POLYTECH School District is seeking candidates with strong interpersonal skills to join the high school team. As a Clinical Liaison, you will carry out a variety of activities outlined below.
- Collaborate with POLYTECH Patient Care Services Program teachers to provide high quality clinical nursing instruction to POLYTECH students in order to prepare students for Delaware Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification
- Instruct and assess program students during laboratory classes at POLYTECH high school
- Supervise and instruct junior and/or senior program students on-site during clinical rotations (sites include the Veteran's Home in Milford and Bayhealth Medical Center)
- Maintain student records including attendance and grades
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Associate's or Bachelor's degree in nursing
Licensure : must hold a current Delaware Registered Nurse License.
- Two years nursing experience (one year of which must be in the provision of long time care facility services)
- Prior teaching experience or supervision of nursing assistants (preferred)
- Experience supervising and teaching high school students (preferred)
- This is a part-time (hourly) position.
- Hours are variable. The clinical liaison schedule will be developed in collaboration with the lead Patient Care Services teacher.
- This position reports to the lead Patient Care Services teacher.
- Successful completion of Criminal Background Check, ManToux Tuberculin skin test and physical, and Child Protection Registry Clearance must be completed prior to start of employment.
- Direct deposit of payroll checks is mandatory and employees are paid on a lag pay schedule with the first payment made after approximately one month of employment.
All candidates must complete the online application and submit a letter of interest, resume, and three letters of reference (written within the last year).
Salary Range: From/To: The hourly rate is set in accordance with the state hourly rate for part-time teaching staff (currently $33.31 per hour).
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.