Board Certified Behavior Analyst
Two positions avialable @ Meadowood and District Autism Services
Full time position to provide appropriate positive behavior management strategies to students with intellectual disabilities. Consult with staff on the use of positive reinforcement strategies, teaching functional communication skills, use of visual supports and implementing appropriate environmental modifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies students' educational, social, and emotional needs, limitations, and strengths.
- Observes students in structured and unstructured school environments.
- Support staff regarding use of behavior prevention & management programs, data collection techniques & discrete trials; conduct functional behavioral assessments, write and support implementation of Behavior Support Plans.
- Accesses and reviews school records; consults with parents and school personnel.
- Plans for special or alternative placement or other interventions.
- Develop and monitor behavior support plans.
- Review, monitor and consult with building administration on behavioral referrals and suspension of special education students
- Model daily use of best practices in behavior management.
- Train staff on effective implementation of BSP
- Provide feedback, consultation and appropriate interventions to teachers.
- Analyze and interpret discipline data.
- Advises teachers and other school personnel on methods to enhance school and classroom atmosphere to provide a motivating educational environment. Strong knowledge of PBS.
- Assist instructional support team members in evaluating student response to intervention.
- Provide staff training as needed in the area of behavior analytically informed instructional methods as well as behavior support and behavior change principles.
- Provide staff training in research based de-escalation and approved crisis management techniques.
- Knowledge of IEP and assessment process.
- Proficient skills with Functional Behavior Assessment, Positive Behavior Support Plan development, and Collaborative Problem Solving.
- Ability to establish priorities, communicate effectively and positively, work independently and collaboratively.
- Establish positive and meaningful relationships with all members of the school community.
- Knowledge of IEP process
- Experience and strong knowledge of working with individuals with intellectual disabilities
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have at least three years' experience working directly with children with intellectual disabilities
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst
T o Apply:
Completed Online Internal Transfer Application via Join Delaware Schools
Letter of Interest
Please Be Advised: The Reported Time employment status is not eligible for the Internal Transfer Application; this status requires the "Standard Application" to apply for all positions.
Completed Online Application via Join Delaware Schools
Letter of Interest
Three letters of reference
Out-of-state applicants must provide evidence of certification
Kathleen Mattix, Principal
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.