12 Month Special Educ Summer School Employ. Opport.
◦ Teachers must be certified in the area in which they are applying.
◦ Teachers must have a Special Education Teacher of Students with Disabilities certification.
◦ Elementary Teachers must also have an Elementary Teacher Certification, and Secondary Teachers must also have a secondary content certification for grades 9-12 and/or a Middle Level Content certification for grades 6, 7 and 8.
◦ Paraprofessionals must be willing and physically capable of attending to the special hygiene needs and behavioral needs of the students involved in the program.
◦ Monday, June 25, 2018 - Thursday August 2, 2018 (teachers will be given 6 hours of preparation/planning time Thursday, June 21, 2018 and 4 hours on Monday, August 6, 2018 to finalize paperwork/recordkeeping).
◦ Program will not operate on July 4, 2018.
◦ Program will operate 4 days per week Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
◦ Program will operate 4 days per week Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. for students. Paraprofessionals will be assigned a schedule from either 8:45 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. or 9:00 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. to assist with getting students to/from and on/off the assigned mode of transportation.
◦ Dates, times and locations are subject to change based on calendar revisions and/or student and program needs.
◦ 12 Month Program Teachers - 4.0 hours per day.
Start Date: June 21, 2018
Reports To: Building Princ(s) & Director of Special Education
Salary Range: From/To: Rate of pay: $33.31 per instructional hour ? teachers $26.91 per non-instructional hour ? teachers
- Teacher of Elementary Grades K-6
- Teacher of English Language Arts Grades 9-12 (Valid 6-8 in a Middle School)
- Teacher of Exceptional Children Grades K-12
- Teacher of Mathematics Grades 9-12 (Valid 6-8 in a Middle School)
Additional Job Information:
Interested teachers must submit an application on joindelawareschools.org and a letter of interest to the Human Resources Department and may be required to interview.
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.