Science Teacher - HB DuPont Middle School
HB DuPont is currently seeking energetic and motivated Science candidates.
- Use the Next Generation Science Standards guidelines, as well as, district curricular scope and sequence when lesson planning.
- Work collaboratively with special education co-teacher in full inclusion setting providing accommodations/modifications to special education students, ELL and 504 students.
- Plan daily academic, differentiated lessons and implement specific strategies to meet the needs of all students.
- Encourage creative thinking with challenging classroom projects that engage students of all academic levels.
- Develop and implement age appropriate, hands on teaching practices.
- Be accountable for students' academic growth and achievement.
- Be knowledgeable about science content and practices.
- Use assessment data to inform curricular and instructional practices.
- Implement classroom management strategies to keep all students engaged.
- Assist with the expansion of STEM initiatives as electives during Activity Block and/or within extracurricular activities.
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions.
- Communicate regularly with families about student progress, class updates, and concerns.
- Update online databases with both academic, behavior, and attendance data in a timely manner.
- Perform job related duties including bus duty, lunch duty and hallway duty.
- Any additional tasks as instructed by administration.
Qualifications /Required Certificate(s):
- Delaware Advanced License
- Delaware Continuing License
- Delaware Initial License
- Out of State Teaching License
- To Apply:
Completed Online Internal Transfer Application
Letter of Interest
Completed Online Application
Letter of Interest
Three letters of reference
* Out-of-state applicants must provide evidence of certification
Job Posting Link: www.redclayschools.com
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.