Head Varsity Boys Basketball Coach
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Teaching Certificate Preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of previous basketball coaching experience
- Familiarity with DIAA rules, regulations, procedures, and policies
The Laurel High School Varsity Head Basketball Coach is responsible for planning, instructing, and assessing the conditioning, training, and performance of basketball student athletes in adherence with the rules and regulations of the Delaware Interscholastic Athletic Association and the Laurel School District. The Laurel High School Varsity Head Basketball Coach directs, monitors, and assesses all coaching staff within the comprehensive Bulldogs Basketball program, including the varsity and middle school teams.
- Conducts self in a professional and sportsmanlike manner at all times
- Teaches the fundamental philosophy, skills, and knowledge essential to the sport
- Develops a well-organized practice schedule with specific objectives for each practice
- Uses personnel and strategies effectively
- Praises athletes for positive performances
- Offers constructive feedback for unfavorable performances
- Promotes and monitors effective individual and team conduct at practice, during games, and in our schools and community in efforts to support the expected image and reputation of The Laurel School District
- Plans, directs, and maintains rigorous practices in which ALL basketball student athletes participate at honing the fundamentals of the sport daily via position work, group work, and team work segments of practice
- Provides opportunities for as many team members as possible to participate in contests, depending upon their abilities, the opponent, and the progress of the game
- Team's performance reflects enthusiasm, motivation, proper fundamentals, and sportsmanship
- Learns new strategies and trends in basketball by attending clinics and reading coaching publications
Start Date: Per DIAA schedule
Reports To: Principal
Salary Range: From/To: SALARY: As per local Athletic EPER salary schedule.
Additional Job Information:
1. Completed District Coaching Application (www.joindelawareschools.org)
2. Letter of Interest (uploaded to Join Delaware Schools application)
3. A favorable criminal background check, child registry check, and tuberculin test must be submitted before the applicants name will be submitted to the Board of Education.
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.