Cafeteria Worker 3 hrs. - Ross Elementary
Location: Ross Elementary School
Reports To: Cafeteria Manager
Starting Date: ASAP
- High School Graduate or GED required.
- Ability to pass the Serve Safe Exam within 6 months of hire or already have passed and is current.
- Knowledge of or experience with use of major equipment in food preparation.
- Experience with cash register.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand on feet for long periods of time.
- Willingness to complete Unit Classes and Cooks Classes if not already completed within the first year.
- Work in a fast-paced environment on set time schedules.
- Work as part of a team to complete all meals and serve students.
- Use equipment for food preparation.
- Follow instructions in detail.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and customers.
- Flexibility with schedule for additional events.
Terms of Employment: Ten Month Employee - 3 Hours Daily 10:00 - 1:30
Salary and Benefits: Salary range and benefits are commensurate with qualifications and experience in accordance with Board of Education Policy.
Evaluation: Performance will be evaluated annually in accordance with the Board's policy on evaluation of personnel.
Internal applicants must submit the following:
- Letter of interest
External applicants must follow the application process. All qualified and interested persons are invited to complete the online application at www.milfordschooldistrict.org . A paper version of the application is available upon request. Only completed packets will be considered. The following items must be included:
- Letter of interest
- Copy of unofficial transcripts
- Three separate letters of recommendation
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information contact: Jason Peel, Director of Human Resources and School Climate, 906 Lakeview Avenue, Milford, DE 19963 Tel: 302-424-6393 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment with the Milford School District is contingent upon successful:
- Criminal Background Check
- Child Protection Registry Check
- Physician's Health Certification
- TB Test (within last five years)
- Verification of Credentials and Past Employment
- Adherence to School District Policies
- Milford Board of Education Approval
Milford School District reserves the right to take disciplinary action up to and including termination upon discovering false or misleading statements and/or documents after an offer of employment has been accepted. The Human Resources staff will assist in completion of all required documentation.
Milford School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment or in educational programs, services or activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or upon any other categories protected by federal, state, or local law.
If any person has a complaint alleging any action which is prohibited by this policy, they should contact the Title IX Coordinator or the District 504 and ADA Coordinator, 906 Lakeview Avenue, Milford, Delaware 19963. Telephone (302) 422-1600.
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.