Middle School Greek Drama/Theatrical Arts Teacher
Middle School Teacher of Greek Drama/Theatrical Arts (bilingual preferred, English and Greek)
Odyssey Charter School, Wilmington, Delaware
The Mission of Odyssey Charter School is to prepare students for a lifelong enthusiasm for learning, develop a keen awareness of world citizenship and culture and establish critical thinking and problem-solving proficiency through the added learning of the Modern Greek language and Mathematics focus.
• Bachelor's degree (Preferred: Master's in Education/Teaching or content area).
• Mastery of Drama/Theater Arts and an enthusiasm for the subject.
• High fluency in both the English and Modern Greek languages.
POSITION DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS
• Teaching Drama/Theater Arts at the 6th, 7th & 8th grade levels.
• Teach acting principles and techniques to individuals or groups: Conducts readings to evaluate students' abilities and experience.
• Adapts course of study and training methods to meet the needs and abilities of students.
• Teach enunciation, diction, voice development, and dialects, using voice exercises, speech drills, lectures, demonstration and improvisation.
• Discuss and demonstrate vocal and body expression to teach acting styles, character development, and personality projection.
• Produce and direct plays for school and public performances.
• Audition students to select cast and assign parts.
• Rehearse and drill students to ensure they master parts.
• Assign nonperforming students to backstage production tasks, such as construction, painting, moving scenery, operating stage lighting and sound equipment.
• May direct activities of students involved in constructing, painting, and lighting scenery.
• May teach elements of stagecraft, stage makeup, costume craft, play writing, or play direction.
• Commitment to working with educationally underserved students.
• Hold high expectations for all students and enforce the school code of conduct.
• Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player.
• All new employees of the Odyssey Charter School will be required to undergo criminal and child abuse background checks.
The Odyssey Charter School offers faculty development grants for the purpose of pursuing teaching certification and advanced educational degrees.
Compensation: Salary will be based on the State of Delaware Teacher Compensation System, according to credentials held.
Please direct your cover letter and application to Ms. Sandra Larson at this email address:
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.