Description of Duties
Participates in food preparation in any area, serving food, setting up counters, operating dish machine, HAACP regulations and clean-up of kitchen facilities and service areas.
- Has the responsibility to make available to each student breakfast and lunch according to the school menu or direction of the Lead Chef
- Works in the area assigned daily by the Lead Chef
- Responsible for proper use and operation of all kitchen equipment
- Responsible for the cleanliness of work area, counter space and floors
- Works cooperatively with co-workers
- Displays an attitude of accommodation and cooperation to all students, faculty and staff
- Performs all other tasks assigned by Lead Chef
- must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and take initiative
- have knowledge or willingness to learn the meal pattern requirements as specified by USDA Child Nutrition Program
- the ability to work cooperatively with others, work in a fast paced food service environment and the ability to learn new skills as related to job duties
- physical demands include: the ability to withstand having hands in water and detergents, standing on cement floors for an extended period, must be able to lift up to 40 pounds, the ability to work in a fast paced environment and the ability to tolerate extreme temperatures
- maintain accurate HACCP requirements; temperature logs, food labels, food dates, FIFO (first in, first out method) and safe food handling
-must submit all necessary paperwork for state employment; including a criminal background check and PPD (TB) testing
-The General Food Service Worker is an hourly position. Medical Insurance is not offered.
Salary Range: From/To: $11.25
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.