Bus Driver(s) - Part Time
Bus Driver - Part Time
Central Administrative Offices
- Obeys all traffic laws of the State of Delaware.
- Obeys all State Board Regulations pertaining to pupil transportation.
- Reports all mechanical problems to the Transportation Supervisor.
- Checks the bus before each trip for mechanical operation.
- Keeps the bus clean.
- Operates the bus on a regular schedule.
- Reports problems of children not ready or parents not meeting the bus to the Transportation Supervisor.
- Reports accidents or injuries to the Transportation Supervisor.
- Provides bus service for field trips.
- Takes the bus for the semi-annual inspection.
- Attends in-service meetings conducted by the Transportation Supervisor.
- Keeps records of gas purchases and maintenance costs.
- Sees that children are loaded and unloaded according to established procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the Transportation Supervisor.
· Possess current School Bus Driver's license.
· Have an annual physical examination.
· Have no more than 8 points on the driver's record
· Have negative Tine Test (or)
· Satisfactory Chest X-Ray
REPORT TO: Transportation Supervisor
JOB GOAL: To provide safe and comfortable transportation service for children.
Required Education Level:
GED High School diploma
Required Skill Sets:
(One or more are required to qualify for this position.)
Commercial Driver's License (CDL) "A" Commercial Driver's License (CDL) "B"
- Favorable Criminal Background Check for the candidate who is offered employment.
- Tuberculin test & physical.
- Mandatory Direct Deposit of paycheck.
Start Date: August 2018
Reports To: Supervisor of Transportation
Job Posting Link: www.capital.k12.de.us
Salary Range: From/To: Based on 2018-19 salary schedule
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.