FY19 Child Nutrition Worker
DELMAR SCHOOL DISTRICT
Delaware's True "Neighborhood School!"
200 North Eighth Street • Delmar, Delaware 19940
Phone (302) 846-9544 • Fax (302) 846-2793
FY19 Child Nutrition Vacancy
POSITION: Child Nutrition Worker
LOCATION: Delmar Middle and High School
200 N. Eighth Street
Delmar, DE 19940
QUALIFICATIONS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- High school graduate or equivalent and perform basic arithmetic operations
- Work individually
- Have and maintain an excellent work ethic and a cooperative attitude
- Promote teamwork and interaction with fellow staff members
- Lift and carry
- Understand food preparation and safety instructions
- Frequently stoop, bend, kneel and climb (ladders)
- Frequently perform repetitive motions
- Tolerate moderate exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Safety and Sanitation
- Follow established procedures to meet high standards of cleanliness, health, and safety
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and immediately report conditions to the supervisor
- Maintain appropriate personal appearance and hygiene
Food Preparation and Serving as needed
- Prepare quality food according to a planned menu of tested, uniform recipes
- Serve food according to meal schedules, departmental policies, and procedures
- Practice and promote portion control and proper use of leftovers
- Help supervise storage and handling of food items and supplies and maintain a clean, organized storage area
- Remove used dishes and assist in the cleaning of steam tables, other tables, and furnishings in the dining area
- Have and maintain a working knowledge of kitchen equipment and food production procedures
- Operate large and small kitchen equipment and tools according to prescribed safety standards
Other as needed
- Handle and record cashier functions accurately
- Help record food requisitions and order necessary supplies
- Maintain daily food preparation records
- Other duties as assigned
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Satisfactory Child Protection Registry
- Mantoux skin test/PPD documentation
- The State of Delaware requires all public school employees to undergo a criminal background check (state and federal) to determine suitability for employment.
- Appointment is contingent upon receipt of a satisfactory criminal background check, which is the responsibility of the employee.
- The State of Delaware requires new employees to be paid by direct deposit and to be part of a lag payroll system as conditions of employment.
- Complete required food service units or the training equivalent.
SALARY: As per State and Local Salary Schedules for FY19 based upon experience.
CLOSING DATE FOR COMPLETED DISTRICT APPLICATION: Open until filled
INTERESTED APPLICANTS: Apply online at: http://www.joindelawareschools.org/
The Delmar School District does not discriminate in its employment practices, educational programs, services, or activities based upon race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, domicile, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristics and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designed youth groups. Inquiries should be directed to the District Superintendent, 200 N. Eighth Street, Delmar, DE 19940. Phone (302)846-9544.
El distrito escolar de Delmar no discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo, programas educativos, servicios o actividades basadas en raza, credo, color, religion,origen nacional, sexo, orientación sexual, domicilio, estado civil, edad, discapacidad, información genetica, veteran estado o cualquiera caracteristicas legalmente protegidas y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos de jóvenes disenadas. Las preguntas deben ser dirigidas al Superintendente de Distrito, 200 N. Octava Calle, Delmar, DE 19940. Teléfono (302)846-9544.
Reports To: Child Nutrition Manager
Job Posting Link: www.delmar.k12.de.us/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=276131&type=d&pREC_ID=517168
Salary Range: From/To: As per FY19 State and Local salary schedules based upon experience
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.