FY19 Child Nutrition Custodian
DELMAR SCHOOL DISTRICT
Delaware's True "Neighborhood School!"
200 North Eighth Street • Delmar, Delaware 19940
Phone (302) 846-9544 • Fax (302) 846-2793
FY19 Child Nutrition Custodian
POSITION: Child Nutrition Custodian
LOCATION: Delmar Middle and High School · 200 N. Eighth Street · Delmar · DE · 19940
QUALIFICATIONS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Work individually
- Have and maintain an excellent work ethic and a cooperative attitude
- Promote teamwork and interaction with fellow staff members
- Lift and carry
- Perform basic arithmetic operations
- Frequently stoop, bend, kneel and climb (ladders) and perform repetitive motions
- Tolerate moderate exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Routine Cleaning & Maintenance - areas include, but are not limited to:
- Clean and disinfect cafeteria tables and chairs
- Sweep, mop and disinfect cafeteria and kitchen floors
- Empty cafeteria and kitchen waste cans
Safety and Sanitation
- Follow established procedures to meet high standards of cleanliness, health, and safety
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and immediately report conditions to the supervisor
- Maintain appropriate personal appearance and hygiene
- Assist unloading / stocking of deliveries and ensure orders are complete, as needed
- Assist with inventory counts as needed
- Promotes the safety, health, and comfort of the students, staff, and public utilizing or visiting the buildings and campus
- Other duties as assigned
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Satisfactory Child Protection Registry
- Mantoux skin test/PPD documentation
- Appointment is contingent upon receipt of a satisfactory criminal background check (state and federal), which is the responsibility of the employee.
- The State of Delaware requires new employees to be paid by direct deposit and to be part of a lag payroll system as conditions of employment.
SALARY: As per State and Local Salary Schedules for FY19 based upon experience.
ANTICIPATED DATE OF EMPLOYMENT: October 24, 2018
CLOSING DATE FOR COMPLETED DISTRICT APPLICATION: until filled
INTERESTED APPLICANTS: Apply online at: http://www.joindelawareschools.org/
The Delmar School District does not discriminate in its employment practices, educational programs, services, or activities based upon race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, domicile, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristics and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designed youth groups. Inquiries should be directed to the District Superintendent, 200 N. Eighth Street, Delmar, DE 19940. Phone (302)846-9544.
El distrito escolar de Delmar no discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo, programas educativos, servicios o actividades basadas en raza, credo, color, religion,origen nacional, sexo, orientación sexual, domicilio, estado civil, edad, discapacidad, información genetica, veteran estado o cualquiera caracteristicas legalmente protegidas y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos de jóvenes disenadas. Las preguntas deben ser dirigidas al Superintendente de Distrito, 200 N. Octava Calle, Delmar, DE 19940. Teléfono (302)846-9544.
Start Date: October 24, 2018
Duty Days: 166
Reports To: Child Nutrition Manager
Job Posting Link: www.delmar.k12.de.us/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=276131&type=d&pREC_ID=517168
Salary Range: From/To: As per State and Local Salary Schedules for FY19 based upon experience.
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.