2018-19 Science/Spec Ed Teacher (temporary for school year)
Science/Special Education Teacher (temporary for school year)
Kent County Secondary ILC
- Teach Science to students in grades 9-12. Dual certification required in special education.
- Works cooperatively with all staff and parents
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district's mission statement.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation
- Performs other duties as assigned
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Meets certification requirements of the State of Delaware for secondary science in content area of Biology, Physical Science, or Chemistry.
- Meets certification requirements of the State of Delaware for special education (Exceptional Child Spec Ed K-12)
- Strong content knowledge of secondary science and special education.
- Successful completion of Praxis I and II exams.
- Teacher who is designated Highly Qualified in Secondary science preferred.
- Favorable Criminal Background Check for the candidate who is offered employment.
- Tuberculin test & physical
- Mandatory Direct Deposit of paycheck
Start Date: August 2018
Duty Days: 188
Reports To: Building Principal
Job Posting Link: www.capital.k12.de.us
Salary Range: From/To: 2018-19 Teacher Salary Schedule
- Teacher of Biology Grades 9-12 (Valid 6-8 in a Middle School)
- Teacher of Chemistry Grades 9-12 (Valid 6-8 in a Middle School)
- Teacher of Exceptional Children Grades K-12
- Teacher of Physical Science Grades 9-12 (Valid 6-8 in a Middle School)
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.