2018-19 Reading Teacher (temporary for school year) - repost
POSITION: Reading Teacher (temporary for school year)
LOCATION: Towne Point Elementary School
REPORTS TO: Principal
STARTING DATE: September 2018
- Provides direct reading instruction to students in small groups
- Knowledge of the elements of a balanced, integrated, and comprehensive literacy curriculum with expertise in supporting student learning in reading and writing
- Knowledge of a conceptual framework for literacy development that informs teaching practices
- With a focus on foundational skills
- Knowledge of how to support students in the development of proficient reading skills that will contribute to their academic growth across content areas
- Knowledge of evidence-based instructional strategies and practices that should be used for delivering reading interventions
- Knowledge of differentiated instruction and how to support teachers in using these strategies in small group instruction
- Knowledge of Response to Intervention (RTI), Title I, Special Education programs, and the alignment, coordination, and delivery of services for students
- Serves as a resource for classroom teachers and helps to create an environment that fosters and supports students in the literacy skills needed to learn to read, read to learn, and comprehend
- Diagnoses, monitors and documents the reading progress of struggling readers
- Utilizes a variety of assessment tools such as screening and progress monitoring tools to plan and deliver effective reading instruction
- Works collaboratively with the Reading Team to plan and monitor school improvement processes, to support professional learning, to collect and analyze student assessment data, and to provide professional materials and resources for staff
- Helps to coordinate Literacy Nights for families
- Works cooperatively with all staff
- Participates in professional learning opportunities offered that will enhance professional growth
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility
- Certified teacher. Classroom experience in teaching reading.
- Experience with teaching reading to young students.
- Favorable Criminal Background Check for the candidate who is offered employment.
- Tuberculin test & physical
- Mandatory Direct Deposit of paycheck
Start Date: September 2018
Duty Days: 188
Reports To: Principal
Job Posting Link: www.capital.k12.de.us
Salary Range: From/To: Based on 2018-19 salary schedule
- Reading Specialist
- Teacher of Elementary Grades K-6
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.