Long-Term Substitute Teachers
Title: Long-Term Substitute Teacher - SY 18/19
Qualifications: Must meet requirements of the State of Delaware Department of Education. Substitutes with teaching certification will be given priority consideration.
Reports To: School Principal or Assistant
Job Goal: To enable each child to pursue his or her education as smoothly and completely as possible in the absence of the regular teacher
- Reports to the school principal or secretary upon arrival at the assigned location
- Reviews with the principal, department head, or team leader all plans and schedules to be followed during the teaching day.
- Maintains as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which assigned.
- Teaches lessons as outlined and described in the Substitutes Teacher's Guide as prepared by the absent teacher.
- Continues the planning and preparation of instructional lessons beyond the initial plans prepared by the absent teacher.
- Consults as appropriate with the school principal, department head, or team leader before initiating any teaching procedures not specified in the Substitute Teacher's Guide.
- Assumes responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class (and during lunch, recess periods, and other out-of-class activities, if applicable).
- Reports in writing, on the form provided by the school secretary, on the day's activities at the conclusion of each teaching day.
- Follows all policies, rules, and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates.
- Other duties as assigned by the administration that pertain to substitute teaching.
Start Date: 8/27/18
Duty Days: 188
Reports To: School Principal/Assistant
Salary Range: From/To: $19, 552 and includes benefits for full time employment. Rate calculated at Board approved daily rate for substitute teachers.
Additional Job Information:
All applicants must make sure a "Classified" application is completed in order to apply. Certified teachers will be given preference.
This position will be for a single-year contract.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with compliance of the performance responsibilities listed.
All applicants are required to submit three (3) letters of reference, with one from an immediate supervisor that is dated within the past year.
Applicants are advised that a copy of the most recent evaluation will be requested if selected for an interview. The evaluation can be loaded as part of the application in advance.
The following are conditions of employment for new employees:
(1) Satisfactory criminal background check prior to being placed on payroll.
(2) Satisfactory child protection registry check.
(3) Mandatory Direct Deposit of Pay.
(4) Documentation of Mantoux skin test results for entrance to school system.
(5) Completion of all required employment forms.
Lake Forest does not discriminate in employment or in educational services based on race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in accordance with state and federal laws. Inquiries should be directed to the Director of Personnel at the Lake Forest Central Business Office, School District5423 Killens Pond Road, . Phone: 302-284-3020Felton, DE 19943-9801
Lake Forest is an advocate of inclusion practices in all grade levels.
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.