Middle School - Special Education Math Teacher
Stanton Middle School is currently seeking an energetic and motivated Math teachers with dual certification in Special Education to work with our phenomenal 6th - 8th grade students.
- Co-teach lessons along with general education teacher in the Math classroom.
- Use the Common Core State Standards guidelines, as well as, district curricular scope and sequence when lesson planning.
- Work collaboratively with Math co-teacher in full inclusion setting providing accommodations/modifications to special education students, ELL and 504 students.
- Provide small group Math instruction in the resource room setting by creating differentiated grade level Math lessons.
- Create standards based IEP's for students utilizing the IEP Plus system. Each IEP must be created using multiple pieces of data.
- Update benchmark goals and transition goals on the IEP Plus system each marking period and ensure updates are given to Educational Diagnostician for audit file and parents.
- Work closely with the building Educational Diagnostician, school psychologist, teachers and parents to ensure special education students are making adequate progress in all academic classes and are placed appropriately.
- Provide RTI services to multiple groups of students several days a week.'
- Case management is essential to students' success. Serve as a liaison to all student's teachers by reviewing accommodations and support needs at the beginning of the year, consult with staff throughout the year as needed, review student grades in all subjects periodically and make ED aware of any concerns, and coordinate with related services providers as needed.
- Perform job related duties including bus duty, lunch duty and hallway duty.
Qualifications to Apply
Must be certified and highly qualified.
Has any of the following certificate(s) from Delaware:
- Delaware Advanced License
- Delaware Continuing License
- Delaware Initial License
- Out of State Teaching License
Completed Online Application
Letter of Interest
Three letters of reference
* Out-of-state applicants must provide evidence of certification
Reports To: Principal
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.