Special Education Teacher - Autism Certified
Richardson Park Learning Center
A full time Autism Support Teacher position for the Richardson Park Learning Center. The support teacher is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing an instructional program for students identified with an autism spectrum disorder that will help students achieve their maximum potential in an inclusive setting.
- Maintain professionalism, confidentiality, and an atmosphere that promotes student learning.
- Keep accurate records as required by district directive and State/Federal regulations.
- Support colleagues in differentiating instruction to meet the learning needs of assigned students.
- Serve as an integral part of the IEP team.
- Provides differentiated instruction based on the student individual level of functioning and preferred learning modalities in accordance with the student's IEP and reasearch based curriculum interventions and programs.
- Support inclusion with elementary classroom and maintain communication with all team members.
- Develops and implements a classroom management system which teaches clear and concise classroom routines, procedures and expectations.
- Be knowledgeable of and able to implement positive behavior supports for challenging behaviors.
- Administers appropriate and required informal and formal assessments based on student need and state regulations.
- Collects and interprets data and utilized to modify instruction, content and to report progress to IEP members including parents and school district.
- Attend all professional development trainings offered as well as parent informational meetings.
Delaware Certified in Autism or Eligible for State of Delaware certification as a Special Education Teacher certified in Autism.
- DEASD Teacher of Students with Autism or Severe Disabilities
- DEECSE Early Childhood Special Education Teacher
- DEEXSE Exceptional Children Special Education Teacher
- DESED Special Education Director
Completed Online Internal Transfer Application
Letter of Interest
Completed Online Application
Letter of Interest
Three letters of reference
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.