High School Mathematics Coach - temporary for year (re-post)
Title of Position: High School Mathematics Coach (temporary for school year)
Location: Dover High School
Reports To: District Supervisor or Principal
Education Associate, Mathematics, Department of Education
Date of Employment: September 2018
Description of Position:
Working under the direction of the Education Associate, Mathematics, the High School Mathematics Coach designs and implements comprehensive, school-based professional learning, mentoring, and instructional support to teachers. The High School Mathematics coach provides guidance on the implementation of standards-based curriculum, instruction, assessment, and professional learning within his/her assigned school. The scope of work will require coordination and collaboration with the Department of Education and with district and school personnel.
- Communicate CCSS Mathematics Content Standards, learning outcomes, and Standards for Mathematical Practice to the school staff through leading job-embedded professional learning
- Assist the school/district with the identification of standards-aligned text/OER resources and the development of high quality units/curriculum.
- Share strategies that support the implementation of the CCSS-Math Content Standards and the Standards for Mathematical Practices
- Share strategies that support effective use of instructional technology, including content specific and general instructional technology
- Share strategies that support student's critical thinking, creativity, and problem-solving acumen during mathematics instruction, and strategies to support teacher instruction for student engagement leading to understanding of mathematics
- Assist with the development of strategies to increase mathematics achievement for all student groups working with PLCs and building leaders to address issues of equity and access
- Assist teachers with the analysis of student achievement data and help teachers adjust instruction based on the results
- Plan and deliver mathematics professional learning for mathematics teachers and co-teachers, including addressing differentiation of instruction
- Work collaboratively with school-based administration to implement the elements from the school strategic and/or professional learning plan applicable to increasing student mathematics performance
- Assist teachers to accelerate students who are performing below grade level by providing guidance on resources for intervention and remediation
- Mentor novice mathematics teachers, including strategies such as modeling and co-teaching
- Build and share high quality resources and professional learning
- Receive professional learning and engage in reflection and data review with the DDOE Education Associates (one day per week)
- Gather data and share evidence of impact of the above activities on teacher practice and student learning in the assigned school
- Be an active and contributing member of the Delaware Math Cadre which may include designing presentations and planning learning sessions for the cadre members
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Master's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Concentration in curriculum, instruction, administration/leadership, mathematics education/leadership, and/or professional development; certification in secondary mathematics education
- Hold a (or be eligible for) Delaware Educator Licensure and Certification as a Secondary Mathematics Teacher
- Minimum of five years successful mathematics teaching in a middle or high school classroom or similar experience, with at least three of those years at the high school level
- Firm knowledge of Delaware State Standards for Mathematics and current instructional strategies, tools and technology to support math learning
- Preferred experience with supporting teachers in a mentoring or coaching capacity
- Preferred experience with leading teacher professional learning
- Knowledge of national and international models of successful mathematics curricula
- Leadership experience with successful K-12 mathematics reform initiatives at the school, district, and/or statewide level
- Knowledge and skills in best practices of professional learning for adult learners
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Performs responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Capable of setting priorities and working in collaboration with others
- Capable of setting priorities and working under pressure
- Be able to proactively problem-solve with professionalism
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with staff in a professional, tactful, and congenial manner
- Exercise discretion and confidentiality appropriately
- Favorable Criminal Background Check for the candidate who is offered employment.
- Tuberculin test & physical.
- Mandatory Direct Deposit of paycheck.
Start Date: September 2018
Duty Days: 188
Reports To: Principal or District Supervisor
Job Posting Link: www.capital.k12.de.us
Salary Range: From/To: 2018-19 Teacher Salary Schedule
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.