School Psychologist - Child Find
Richardson Park Learning Center/Early Years Program
Full Time School Psychologist for Child Find
Reports To: School Principal - Gail Humphreys-Mackenzie
JOB SUMMARY: Full time position to provide appropriate assessments for preschool student's ages 3-5, with disabilities including Autism. Consult with staff in the use of positive reinforcement strategies, teaching functional communication and social skills, use of visual mediation strategies, implementing appropriate environmental modifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assess preschool students through the Child Find process using age appropriate assessments; write evaluation reports.
2. Observe preschool students and provide input as related to appropriate developmental interventions and strategies.
3. Meet and consult with the Child Find team including families, administrators, Child Find Coordinators, Educational Diagnosticians, related therapists, outside agencies and District Team Members.
4. Access and review all pertinent information including medical records; consult with parents, outside agencies including community preschools, day cares and Head Start programs.
5. Support staff regarding use of behavior prevention & management programs (ABA, FBA) data collection techniques & discrete trials; Conduct Functional Behavioral Assessments, write and support implementation of Behavioral Support Plans.
6. Provide research-based, field tested interventions to staff; Consult with staff regarding the behavioral needs of students and developing data collection procedures for specific behaviors.
7. Consult with school personnel and parent-teacher groups in matters involving psychological services within schools and services in the community.
8. Serves as a member of the Crisis Intervention Team.
9. Knowledge of federal and state regulations as pertains to preschool children and DSM-V.
10. Performs other related duties as required.
Qualification: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITITES
• Knowledge of roles and functions of school psychologist in an educational setting.
• Knowledge of IEP and assessment process.
• Skill in using and interpreting broad range of psychological assessments; sharing outcomes with teachers and parents.
• preferred State of Delaware Certified/licensed as school psychologist
* Proficient skills with Functional Behavior Analysis, Positive Behavior Support Plans, and Collaborative Problem Solving.
• Ability to establish priorities, communicate effectively and positively, work independently and collaboratively.
• Establish positive and meaningful relationships with all members of the school community.
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of Masters Degree in School Psychology
• Preferred Experience as a school psychologist serving preschool students and young children with Autism.
Completed Online Internal Transfer Application via Join DE Schools
Letter of Interest
Completed Online Application via Join De Schools
Letter of Interest
Three letters of referene
*Out-of-state applicants must provide evidence of certification
Reports To: School Principal
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.