Long Term Substitute Teacher
Title: Long-Term Substitute Teacher - SY 18/19
Qualifications: Must meet requirements of the State of Delaware Department of Education. Substitutes with teaching certification will be given priority consideration.
Reports To: Head of School
- Teaches lessons as outlined and as prepared by the absent teacher and grade-level team/department lead.
- Continues the planning and preparation of instructional lessons beyond the initial plans prepared by the absent teacher.
- Evaluates academic and social growth of students, prepares report cards, keeps appropriate records to include attendance reports, checklists, census forms, and other recordkeeping activities as necessary.
- Maintains as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which assigned.
- Assumes responsibility for managing behavior and supporting student development in class (and during lunch, recess periods, and other out-of-class activities).
- Follows all policies, rules, and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates.
- Other duties as assigned by the administration that pertain to long-term substitute teaching.
• All new employees of the Odyssey Charter School will be required to undergo criminal and child abuse background checks.
Please direct your cover letter and application to Mrs. Sandra Larson at this email address:
Odyssey Charter School is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.