2018-19 School Psychologist (repost)
Location: East Dover Elementary School
- Participates in the evaluation process (RtI) for students struggling academically or behaviorally
- Plays a crucial role with the building IST (Instructional Support Team)
- Is or is willing to become well versed and skilled in the PTR (Prevent-Teach-Reinforce) methods for Functional Behavior Assessments and subsequent behavior plans.
- Conducts comprehensive psychological examinations of referred students when needed.
- Conducts reevaluations for triennial reviews or as needed
- Participates in case conferences.
- Serves as a resource for school personnel regarding students with learning, social emotional and behavioral problems.
- Serves as a resource for school personnel regarding RtI, ICT/IST and PBS initiatives
- Serves as a resource for school personnel regarding crisis intervention, discipline, and safety concerns
- Serves as a resource for school administration regarding systemic intervention for problematic areas as demonstrated through school data
- Plan and implement social groups for intervention as needed
- Serves as a resource to school administration and staff regarding special education regulations and guidelines at the state and federal level
- Interpret diagnoses to school personnel, concerned professionals, parents and students from outside data sources.
- Serve as a resource involving recommendations and accommodations for challenging students and students with disabilities.
- Provides counseling services to students with special individual needs.
- Perform appropriate diagnostic and evaluative testing.
- Present well constructed, thoughtful, thorough, insightful reports related to completed assessments and observations of students.
- Responsible for the development of Individualized Education Programs (IEP's) and related documentation for behavioral goals and benchmarks.
- Maintain adequate records of treatment and data of the IEP objectives for the students being served.
- Meet with parents and advise them of their child's areas of need and progress of development.
- Make recommendations for the level and frequency of services as related to the areas of need in the IEP.
- Work with and assist other team members with providing necessary carry over of strategies and skills into all other areas of the students learning opportunities.
- Assist individuals (administrators, teachers/counselors, parents and students) in understanding the types and severity of behavior disorders.
- Create/Collaborate on Behavior Intervention Plans
- Conduct Functional Behavior Assessments and provide PD to others for others to do this also
- Complete full Psycho-educational Assessments
- Other responsibilities as needed by administration
- Master's Degree in School Psychology
- DE License
- Favorable criminal background check for the candidate who is offered employment
- Tuberculin skin test
- Mandatory direct deposit of paycheck
Start Date: August 2018
Duty Days: 188
Reports To: Building Principal
Job Posting Link: www.capital.k12.de.us
Salary Range: From/To: 2018-19 Teacher Salary Schedule
- School Psychologist
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.