This job is no longer active on TopSchoolJobs.org. Please contact the employer directly.
Full time Preschool Teachers for the Richardson Park Learning Center. Teachers are responsible for planning, organizing and implementing an instructional program for preschool students identified with a special education classification including autism spectrum disorder that will help students achieve their maximum potential.
- Maintain professionalism, confidentiality, and an atmosphere that promotes young student learning.
- Keep accurate records as required by district directive and State/Federal regulations.
- Support colleagues in differentiating instruction to meet the learning needs of assigned students.
- Write and implement developmentally appropriate lesson plans which incorporate Early Learning Foundations.
- Be familiar with STARS and expectations of an appropriate preschool classroom environment.
- Serve as integral part of the IEP team as well as write developmentally appropriate goals for preschool students based on data
- Integrate technology in instruction.
- Provide differentiated instruction based on the student individual level of functioning and preferred learning modalities in accordance with the student’s IEP and research based curriculum interventions and programs.
- Develop and implement a classroom management system which teaches clear and concise classroom routines, procedures and expectations with the use of visual schedules.
- Be knowledgeable of and able to implement positive behavior supports for challenging behaviors.
- Administers appropriate and required informal and formal assessments based on student need and state regulations.
- Collects and interprets data and utilized to modify instruction, content and to report progress to IEP members including parents and school district.
- Attend all professional development trainings offered as well as parent informational meetings and family events.
Delaware Certified in Early Childhood Education as well as Young Exceptional Children
Preferably for Autism classroom to have Autism certification.
Completed Online Internal Transfer Application via Join Delaware Schools
Letter of Interest
Completed Online Application via Join Delaware Schools
Letter of Interest
Three letters of reference
Out-of-state applicants must provide evidence of certification