This job is no longer active on TopSchoolJobs.org. Please contact the employer directly.
LOCATION: Stanton Middle School
Number of Openings: 1
Primary Function: Assist in carrying out the Individualized Education Program for a student or small group of students once trained by a professional staff member.
- Assist students in meeting their physical needs in order to benefit from the educational program.
- Data collection and implementation of Behavior Support Plans
- Prepare the physical environment for the day’s activities including the gathering of materials, maintaining an orderly environment, and securing materials and equipment at the end of the work day.
- Perform routine paperwork and record keeping tasks related to the duties of the profession to whom the paraprofessional is assigned.
- Works cooperatively with all school personnel and students to maintain positive school relationships. Communicate with teacher of classroom as well as administration.
- Demonstrates regularity in attendance and promptness in reporting.
- Apply consistent and appropriate standards of behavior, achievement, and discipline to individual students, as agreed upon with professional staff and as written in the student’s IEP
- Participate in in-service workshops designed to improve competencies in working with students.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or designee
- Completion of two years of higher education; or
- Completion of an Associate’s Degree; or
- High School Diploma/GED and ParaPro Assessment Test
- Lift up to 50 pounds
Completed Online Internal Transfer Application via Join Delaware Schools
Letter of Interest
Please Be Advised: The Reported Time employment status is not eligible for the Internal Transfer Application; this status requires the “Standard Application” to apply for all positions.
Completed Online Application via Join Delaware Schools
Letter of Interest
Three letters of reference
Kenneth Oates, Supervisor of Special Education