Preschool/Kindergarten - Montessori Teacher 2017-2018 School Year
Position: Preschool/Kindergarten - Montessori Teacher 2017-2018 School Year #2448
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Bancroft Elementary
- Must hold or be eligible for State of Delaware Certification
- Delaware Early Childhood Certification AND
- Montessori Early Childhood 3-6 Certification
- Highly Qualified status as an Elementary Generalist
- Must be able to stand and work continuously for a minimum of 4 hours per work day.
- Minimum lifting requirements- 50 pounds (with assistance).
- Must be able to use arms and hands without restrictions to accommodate the physical, mobility, and ambulatory needs of students.
- Teaches assigned classes using the educational philosophy and policies adopted by the Board of Education.
- Utilizes State and District curriculum guidelines in carrying out teaching assignments.
- Uses available resources, plans and implements a program of study that meets students' needs, interests, and abilities.
- Interprets and uses data from a variety of educational sources for the improvement of instruction.
- Uses appropriate instructional methods contingent upon available materials.
- Identifies students with special learning problems and takes appropriate action.
- Encourages and assists in the development of independent study habits.
- Communicates with students concerning their academic and behavioral progress.
- Acts in ways which are likely to promote students' feelings of self worth.
- Makes reasonable efforts to provide for the care and protection of school property, equipment, and materials.
- Monitors the physical environment taking into account the health, safety, and aesthetic needs of students.
- Encourage students to behave in accordance with classroom and school rules.
- Keeps accurate records and makes reports as necessary.
- Recognizes the importance of parent/guardian and teacher cooperation and confers with parents as appropriate.
- Maintains a professional relationship, working cooperatively with all school personnel.
- Meets responsibilities as per contractual agreement and State law.
- Pursues opportunities for professional growth.
- Must report to work on time every work day, except as afforded by existing law.
- Must perform all duties as assigned during scheduled work days.
- Perform other duties as requested by administration to meet the needs of the students.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Start Date: August 21, 2018
Job Posting Link: www.applitrack.com/christina/onlineapp/default.aspx
Salary Range: From/To: Salary: Teacher salary schedule based on experience and degree. Salary Schedule can be found on the district's website: http://christinak12.org/ourpages/auto/2012/6/27/51310670/Teachers-Non-Grandfathered--FY2016-2017.pdf
- Teacher of Early Childhood Birth to Grade 2
Additional Job Information:
Application Procedure: Interested applicants must complete an online teaching application and upload a letter of interest, resume, copies PRAXIS scores, transcripts, copy of license/certification and three current letters(within one year of application date). In order to be considered for this position, you must apply specifically for the Job ID listed for this position. Apply online:
Employment is conditional upon receipt of an acceptable criminal background report, a negative pre-employment drug screening and a child abuse registry check showing you are not on the registry at any level
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.