2018-2019 Middle School Science Teacher
JOB TITLE: Teacher
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: Charter School of New Castle teachers will play an essential role in the growth and development of each of our students. All of our students come from underrepresented ethnic groups and many are performing several grade levels below their current grade level. Our teachers own the responsibility to plan, instruct, assess, lead, mentor, and guide each of our students to academic success overcoming all hurdles and obstacles to ensuring academic success. Charter School of New Castle teachers are responsible for the successful design, development, and implementation of academic lessons, working with other teachers and staff to analyze, assess, and improve the educational experience for our students.
OVERVIEW: Founded in 2006, Charter School of New Castle is split between two buildings, a K-4 Elementary School with about 500 students and a 5-8 Middle School with about 300 students. As the name implies, Charter School of New Castle is a family-focused charter school that prides itself on staff collaboration, and community engagement. At Charter School of New Castle, we provide our students with a well-rounded educational experience which is intellectually stimulating and builds a foundation for success. Our talented caring teachers receive intensive delivered by external experts in additional to its instructional leaders. In 2015, Charter School of New Castle partnered with EastSide Charter School to form the state's first multi-charter partnership. EastSide Charter School, Charter School of New Castles Elementary School, and Charter School of New Castles Middle School will be directed by a central office, which provides oversight and academic, financial, and technological support, to ensure the successful operation of each of its partner schools. This position is suited for someone who is willing to do "Whatever it Takes" to support our students in being successful in school and in life.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Each of our teachers will:
- Hold high expectations for each student
- Possess strong knowledge of content area
- Demonstrate strong pedagogy
- Exhibit positive rapport with students
- Create and foster a positive learning environment
- Establish and maintain strong communication lines with all parents
- Assist in development of curriculum standards and backwards planning
- Attend weekly department meetings
- Perform clerical duties as required relating to textbooks, instructional supplies, student reports and records, attendance, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School, Achievement Specialist, or Academic Dean
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution. Has or is eligible for State of Delaware certification as teacher in grade or content area.
Charter School of New Castle teachers must have:
- at least one year of teaching experience (two years experience preferred)
- an outstanding record of elevating student achievement in an urban classroom, with a strong understanding of pedagogy that drives results
Charter School of New Castle educators must:
- Be driven to improve the minds and lives of students from underserved communities; dedicated to doing whatever it takes to help all students achieve academic success
- Be passionate about academic learning and insistent on academic excellence and rigor at all times
- Be self-aware and know how to treat all members of the school's community with respect, appraises accurately his or her strengths and weaknesses, and is perceptive about how he or she is regarded
- Work urgently and be able to juggle multiple tasks and initiatives at once
- Be detail-oriented and self-directed with the ability to work independently and with a team
- Act entrepreneurially as an initiator, problem-solver, and creative thinker
- Effectively communicate with various audiences in an authentic and persuasive manner
- Possess strong written communication skills
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks and initiatives at once
- Be detail-oriented and self-directed and able to work independently on short- and long-term projects
- Satisfactory criminal, child abuse, and FBI clearances
COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION:
Length of Work Year: 10 months, select Saturdays, and occasional evening and weekend commitments will also be required; occasional travel throughout the state and region.
Salary and Benefits: Salary range is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Charter School of New Castle offers a friendly and committed team of colleagues and a comprehensive benefits plan.
Job Posting Link: https://eastsidefamilyfoundations.tedk12.com
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.