Exciting Opportunities to Educate Children at DDLHS!!!
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Assist in carrying out the Individualized Education Program for students
- Assist classroom teachers with implementation of IEPs for students.
- Provide academic and behavioral support for students in the classroom and other school-wide settings.
- Perform routine paperwork and record keeping tasks related to the responsibilities assigned.
- Work cooperatively with all school personnel and students to maintain positive school relationships.
- Demonstrate regularity in attendance and promptness in reporting.
- Apply consistent and appropriate standards of behavior, achievement, and discipline to individual students, as agreed upon with professional staff and as written in the student's IEP
- Participate in in-service workshops designed to improve competencies in working with students.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Completion of two years of higher education; or
- Completion of an Associate's Degree; or
- High School Diploma/GED and ParaPro Assessment Test (There is a $49.00 fee for this test)
- Lift up to 50 pounds
Reports To: Special Education Coordinator
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.