Head Baseball Coach
TITLE: Athletic Coach, Head
QUALIFICATIONS: Being a staff member in the building where the duties are performed is desired, but not required.
REPORTS TO: Athletic Director in consultation with school principal
JOB GOAL: To help translate sports participation into meaningful learning experiences for each individual athlete through mentoring the skills necessary for achievement, demonstrating sports-man-like conduct, and ensuring safe behaviors.
1. Coaches individual particpants in the skill necessary for achievement in the sport involved.
2. Plans and schedules a regular program of practice (in season).
3. Works closely with the athletic director in scheduling intramural and interscholastic contests.
4. Recommends purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms.
5. Maintains attendance, insurance, and other records.
6. Oversees the safety of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted.
7. Establishes performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition.
8. Performs and enforces disciplined sportmanship, and safe behavior at all times, and establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards.
9. Maintains discipline and authority over students according to the Lake Forest Discipline Policy Manual.
10. Performs other duties as assigned by the athletic director that relate to this position.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employed for the duration of the sport's season and per terms of the master agreement.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be reviewed seasonally/annually by the athletic director in consultation with the building principal.
Start Date: 2017/2018 SY
Reports To: Athletic Director
Salary Range: From/To: As per salary schedule determined by the Board of Education
Coaching/Club Interests: Baseball
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.