2018-19 Physical Education / Health Teacher
POSITION: 2018-19 Physical Education/Health Teacher
LOCATION: Dover High School
REPORTS TO: Principal
- To develop in each pupil an appreciation of physical education and health.
- To help with the selection of and recommend materials, equipment and instructional aids for the program.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil, to the extent feasible.
- To communicate with staff and parents on pupil progress.
- To cooperate with the school administration in providing an physical education program for all students.
- To follow school policies and procedures.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
- Works cooperatively with all staff and parents.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Meets certification requirements of the State of Delaware for Teacher in Health & Physical Education,
- Successful completion of Praxis I and II exams.
- Favorable Criminal Background Check for the candidate who is offered employment.
- Tuberculin test & physical.
- Mandatory Direct Deposit of paycheck.
Start Date: August 2018
Duty Days: 188
Reports To: Principal
Job Posting Link: www.capital.k12.de.us
Salary Range: From/To: 2018-19 Teacher Salary Schedule
- Teacher of Health Education Grades 5-12
- Teacher of Physical Education Grades K-12
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.