Instructional Tutor II
DELAWARE TECHNICAL & COMMUNITY COLLEGE
CHOICE NOT CHANCE
Instructional Tutor II
SUMMARY STATEMENT :
Incumbents tutor individuals and/or small groups of students to supplement and support classroom instruction.
NATURE AND SCOPE :
Incumbents tutor students on a one-to-one or small group basis in basic, pre-tech, and/or catalog courses. Under the direction of the Dean, course Instructor, or other person assigned to coordinate tutoring, incumbent determines teaching/learning resource materials and program evaluation instruments in conjunction with the classroom instructor.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Tutors small groups of students who share a common difficulty, or may tutor on a one-to-one basis.
- In cooperation with Instructor, determines appropriate teaching/learning resources.
- In conjunction with Instruction, develops assessment tools to evaluate student academic progress.
- Monitors and records student(s) academic progress by utilizing appropriate assessment tools.
- Assists staff in program planning, evaluation of services, and review of student's academic progress.
- Develops guidelines and criteria for program implementation and evaluation.
- Attends orientation and training sessions and schedules meetings.
- Prepares and submits to supervisor a monthly report of tutoring and related activities.
- Schedules tutoring session in consideration of student(s) needs and availability.
- Establishes and maintains open communication with technology instructors and counselors within the assigned area.
- Performs other work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
- Knowledge of relevant subject matter in the discipline in which students are to be tutored.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of learning resources and teaching methods.
- Knowledge of various types of academic assessment tools.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field or equivalent.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Program Manager - Choice Not Chance
Delaware Technical Community College
Workforce Development and Community Education
Salary Range: From/To: Salary Plan: C
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.