Position: Behavior Analyst #2893
Closing Date: Until Filled
Starting Date: Mutually agreeable date
Location: Brennen School-Delaware Autism Program
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) credential required
- Degree in a related field (Education, Psychology, Human Development or similar) required. Master's Degree or higher preferred.
- Experience working with children and/or adults with moderate to severe autism and/or developmental disabilities required.
- Must be able to stand and work continuously for a minimum of 4 hours per work day.
- Minimum lifting requirements- 50 pounds (with assistance).
- Must be able to use arms and hands without restrictions to accommodate the physical, mobility, and ambulatory needs of students.
Position Description and Responsibilities: The Behavior Analyst is responsible for the implementation of skill acquisition and behavior support strategies aligned with current best practices from the field of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) as well as responsibilities and duties within the collaborative team including but not limited to:
- Leadership role in the team development of Behavior Support Plans (BSPs) that are compliant with guidance provided through the state director's office and the Peer Review Committee (PRC), including completion of Functional Behavioral Assessments and/or Analyses as needed and appropriate.
- Leadership role in the implementation of BSPs with fidelity.
- Support a classroom environment that fosters imbedded communication and social skills.
- Implement individual and classroom-wide strategies, interventions, etc. to increase adaptive behaviors and the development of functionally equivalent alternative responses.
- Collect, monitor, graph and analyze student data.
- Schedule time in classrooms for direct work with students.
- Regular meetings with the collaborative classroom team.
- Support parent training, as a part of a team, to facilitate the use of appropriate supportive strategies within home and community settings.
- Confer with parents on an ongoing basis and as a part of the collaborative team.
- Attendance at school and instructional meetings as required
- Performing other related duties as assigned by the Brennen School Principal
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Start Date: Mutualy agreeable
Job Posting Link: www.applitrack.com/christina/onlineapp/default.aspx
Salary Range: From/To: Salary: Teacher salary schedule based on experience and degree. Salary Scale can be found on the district's website: https://christinak12.org/ourpages/auto/2012/6/27/51310670/Teachers-Non-Grandfathered--FY2018.pdf
Additional Job Information:
Application Procedures: Interested applicants must complete an online teaching application and attach a letter of interest, resume, Praxis, transcripts and license/certification and three current letters (within one year of application date) of recommendation. Previous submissions will not automatically flow to this posting. In order to be considered for this position, you must apply specifically for the Job ID listed for this position. Apply online: http://www.applitrack.com/christina/onlineapp/default.aspx
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.