Part time Behavior support
LOCATION: Richardson Park Learning Center/Early Years Program at Warner preschool
JOB SUMMARY: Part time position to provide behavioral support for preschool students with disabilities including Autism. Consult with staff in the use of positive reinforcement strategies, teaching functional communication skills, use of visual mediation strategies, implementing appropriate environmental modifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee processes in classrooms with the use of Applied Behavior Analysis for students with Autism, self-regulation and other areas of behavioral needs.
- Observe and provide supports to students in structured and unstructured school environments.
- Meet and consult with building and district Team Members and serve as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Accesses and reviews school records; consult with parents and school personnel.
- Support staff regarding use of behavior prevention & management programs (ABA, FBA) data collection techniques & discrete trials. Support implementation of Behavioral Support Plans.
- Provide research-based, field tested interventions to staff; Consulting with staff regarding the behavioral needs of students and developing data collection procedures for specific behaviors.
- Advise teachers and other school personnel on methods to enhance school and classroom atmosphere to provide a motivating educational environment. Knowledge of PBS.
- Serves as a member of the Crisis Intervention Team.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned by administartion.
QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITITES
- Knowledge of roles and functions of ABA in an educational setting.
- Knowledge of IEP and assessment process.
- Skill in using and interpreting broad range of psychological assessments
- Preferred State of Delaware Certified/licensed as school psychologist or experienced as a Behavior Analyst
- Proficient skills with Functional Behavior Analysis, Positive Behavior Support Plans, and Collaborative Problem Solving.
- Ability to establish priorities, communicate effectively and positively, work independently and collaboratively.
- Establish positive and meaningful relationships with all emembers of the school community.
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Experience serving preschool students with Autism and other educational classifications.
T o Apply:
Completed Online Internal Transfer Application via Join Delaware Schools
Letter of Interest
Please Be Advised: The Reported Time employment status is not eligible for the Internal Transfer Application; this status requires the "Standard Application" to apply for all positions.
Completed Online Application via Join Delaware Schools
Letter of Interest
Three letters of reference
Out-of-state applicants must provide evidence of certification
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.