Mathematics-Middle School 2018-2019
Las Américas ASPIRA Academy is seeking outstanding candidates for 2018-2019.
Position Description :
Las Américas ASPIRA Academy is seeking a highly-qualified, enthusiastic individual to serve as its Middle School Mathematics Teacher. The successful candidate will have excellent people skills, be self-motivated, have demonstrated ability to deliver lessons to support the curriculum goals in Science.
- Develop and implement curricula to meet state and school academic standards in Mathematics.
- Plan daily academic, differentiated lessons and implement specific strategies to meet the needs of all students.
- Develop and implement age appropriate, hands on teaching practices.
- Be accountable for students' academic growth and achievement.
- Design and implement summative assessments to measure progress towards academic standards and formative assessments to drive instruction.
- Use assessment data to inform curricular and instructional practices.
- Create a positive, achievement-oriented learning environment.
- Assign projects so that students learn to deal with real-world constraints, such as time and materials.
- Encourage creative thinking with challenging classroom projects.
- Help students connect science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) principles to everyday life.
- Assist with the expansion of STEM initiatives as electives and/or extracurricular activities.
- Reflect on successes and areas of growth as a teacher, seek to improve performance, and respond to feedback.
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions.
- Communicate regularly with parents regarding their children's academic success.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Please refer to our website, www.aspiraacademy.org , for infomation about upcoming recruitment events to be held in March and April. Qualified applicants will be invited to visit ASPIRA to learn about our program and tour our facility.
All applications must be accompanied by a current resume.
Start Date: 8/13/2018
Duty Days: 190
Job Posting Link: www.aspiraacademy.org
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.