Elementary Teachers (K-2)
Campus Community School is in search of dynamic individuals to teach in an elementary setting. The classrooms are inclusive and may span all discipline areas. This position is for any possible openings in the Kindergarten through 2nd grade levels. Duties may include:
- Teaches district approved curriculum.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional material and provides individualized and small group instruction to adopt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Communicates regularly with parents outside normal classroom day by means of newsletters, notes, phone calls, conferences, etc.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
- Evaluates pupil's academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Identifies pupil needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans.
- Is available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day.
- Plans and coordinates the work of paraprofessionals, parents and volunteers in the classroom and on field trips.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of the student.
- Creates an environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, interest centers and exhibits of student's work.
Start Date: 8/1/2018
Reports To: Principal and/or Director of Curriculum
Additional Job Information:
Grade levels will be assigned prior to offer of employment.
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.