Paraprofessional - Richardson Park Learning Center Summer Program
Location: Richardson Park Learning Center/Early Years Program
Preschool, Preschool Autism, KN- 5 th Autism
June 18 - July 26 Mondays - Thursdays
Reports To: Designated Administrator
Primary Function: Assist in carrying out the Individualized Education Program for a student or small group of students once trained by a professional staff member
- Assist students in meeting their physical needs in order to benefit from the educational program. Responsibilities include lifting, transferring, positioning, feeding, diapering, using adaptive equipment and assisting with personal hygiene routines
- Assist students in swimming in the pool to enhance their physical mobility.
- Assist students in physical education activities, educational, community, and vocational activities, job training coach at vocational sites, and recording student data.
- Prepare the physical environment for the day's activities including the gathering of materials, maintaining an orderly environment, and securing materials and equipment at the end of the work day.
- Perform routine paperwork and record keeping tasks related to the duties of the profession to whom the paraprofessional is assigned.
- Works cooperatively with all school personnel and students to maintain positive school relationships.
- Demonstrates regularity in attendance and promptness in reporting.
- Apply consistent and appropriate standards of behavior, achievement, and discipline to individual students, as agreed upon with professional staff and as written in the student's IEP
- Participate in in-service workshops designed to improve competencies in working with students.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or designee.
- Completion of two years of higher education; or
- Completion of an Associate's Degree; or
- High School Diploma/GED and ParaPro Assessment Test (There is a $49.00 fee for this test)
- Lift up to 50 pounds
Note: Red Clay Employees, Summer Rate for all 12-month programs is "per diem"
Non-Red Clay Employees, Summer EPER rate
Completed Online Internal Transfer Application
Letter of Interest
Completed Online Application
Letter of Interest
Three letters of reference
- Out-of-state applicants must provide evidence of certification
Gail Humphreys Mackenzie
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.